Skip to main content

A Guide to Prospecting in Western Australia

To prospect in Western Australia you will require a Western Australian Miners Right.


These are available from any Mining Registrars' office in WA or download the form from The Department of Miners and Petroleum. For detailed information regarding purchasing a Miners Right in WA visit the below link


Information on where you can prospect in Western Australia can be found on the following link:


There are many leases held over the Western Australian goldfields, so the use of TENGRAPH will help you locate areas where you are allowed to prospect, through the 40E Permit. For more information regarding a Section 40E permit and Tengraph visit the below links:



Leave a comment

Comments have to be approved before showing up